Monday, December 17, 2012

O Christmas Tree...

...O Christmas tree, Much pleasure do you bring me!


These trees are quite gorgeous. A big thank you to Better Home and Gardens for these lovely Christmas tree finds! I tried to include various sizes and styles for all your viewing pleasures, so I hope you enjoy them as much as I did looking for them. I found so many that I couldn’t even begin to include them all! Each of the photos shared below can be accompanied with a tree-decorating tip, found over on the BHG website. View the entire collection here.

I’ve always stuck with a taller sized, real, Christmas tree. This year, I had to change it up some. I went with a small tabletop (fake) Christmas tree for my apartment and it turned out quite cute! Despite my initial hesitation, I have a new appreciate for smaller size Christmas trees. I trimmed my little “Charlie Brown" tree with white lights, a strand of pearls, and tiny 
silver and blue bulbs. I then topped it off with a medium sized beautiful red bow!

What size and style do you typically go with when you trim your tree each year?





Which is your favorite? Sound off in the comment section below!

Decorating the tree can be great for family time. I personally love to head to my parents home to decorate with them, all while we listen to Christmas music and then cozy up with the tree lights on and watch a few of our favorite Christmas movies. Another fun thing to include are some drinks! Here at Lavender Fields, we love sharing recipes with you, so I had to include a delicious vegan-friendly eggnog recipe for you to try out!

Make 2 Servings.
Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 4 Tbsp Agave
  • 2 Tbsp Vanilla
  • Dash of Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Rum Extract
  • 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
  • 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
  • Rum or Brandy (Optional)
Directions:
  1. In a medium sauce pan (medium/low heat) place all ingredients and stir until completely warm.
  2. Place in a glass, add rum or brandy if desired.
  3. Enjoy!
Thank you DamyHealth.com for the recipe!

Happy tree trimming and eggnog drinking!