A little background first for anyone that does not know me. I am a single mom with a beautiful kind hearted soon to be 7 year old daughter named Ava Rose. We live in a big old house and have lots of furry rescued friends. They make our home. I also have a retail shop in Port Jefferson Village, New York and an online shop which you probably know about if you reached this blog. Juggling it all can be very challenging but I would not have it any other way. I love everything about my life and I love sharing it all with you.
So for this summer here is my lineup of projects. Some are not always so much fun as there is a lot of basic upkeep on a big old house.
- I just had a picket fence put in the front of the house and we have been busy painting it. Ava Rose is a big help! (beautiful but not so much fun painting!)
- I am also working on adding a few new garden beds and weeding and mulching. (not so much fun! it's hot!)
- We are adding to our fairy garden and expanding it. (fun!)
- We are also planning on doing a beautiful mosaic when the weather cools down a bit. (fun!)
- Refinishing old vintage outdoor furniture. I selected a pretty robin's egg blue for the color. (fun!)
- Painting all the baseboards and radiators (not so much fun!)
- Planning a guest bathroom makeover. This has been real fun I am work with Dawn from My Hydrangea Home on this project and it is coming very soon! (super fun!)
- Installing new bamboo floors in my office and soon to be family room. (super fun!)
- Painting all trim. The trim gets yucky and needs to be refreshed often. (not so much fun!)
I will have lots of pictures to share with you real soon for now I need to get back to work!